Register with a GP

It’s important to register with a local GP when you move to Manchester.

You're free to join any practice you choose, but we’ve put together a list of GPs close to our halls of residence.

You can register via their website before you arrive in Manchester. Make sure you use your University address to register.

Local GP practices

Your hall GP practice 

City Campus:

  • Denmark Road
  • George Kenyon Hall
  • Horniman House
  • Park View
  • Weston Hall
  • Whitworth Park


  • Ashburne Hall
  • Oak House
  • Richmond Park
  • Sheavyn House
  • Unsworth Park
  • Uttley House
  • Woolton Hall

Victoria Park:

  • Burkhardt House
  • Hulme Hall
  • Rusholme Place

Victoria Park:

  • Brook Hall
  • Canterbury Court
  • Daisy Bank Hall
  • Dalton-Ellis Hall,
  • Manchester Gardens
  • St Anselm Hall

City Campus (Salford):

  • Salford Student Quarter

The University of Manchester also had an on-campus medical GP practice provided by the Robert Darbishire Practice. It’s located in Crawford House near south campus (shown on the Campus map here as Building 31), and you can register as a patient using their online portal. Find out more about the University GP Service on the Robert Darbishire Practice website