How to pay

You can pay for your accommodation in instalments via Direct Debit or in full.

Paying in instalments

To spread the cost of your licence fees, you can pay in instalments via Direct Debit.

You (or the person paying on your behalf) will need a UK bank account to set up the payments; the dates for 2022/23 are:

  • 21 October 2022
  • 19 January 2023
  • 20 April 2023

The dates for 2023/24 are:

  • 20 October 2023
  • 19 January 2024
  • 19 April 2024

The £400 Advanced Licence Fee you paid will automatically be taken off your first instalment.

Paying in full

If you don’t want to pay in instalments, then you can pay in full before the first due date. Find more information on our making a payment page.

Payments will be processed on the date in your confirmation letter.

The account holder will be contacted if the Direct Debit is returned unpaid. We require ten working days’ notice to amend or cancel a payment.

How do I set up my Direct Debit?

Your Direct Debit can be set up online after accepting your licence agreement or later via MyManchester – to use this, you’ll need to:

  • complete your IT sign-up;
  • go to ‘my profile’;
  • select ‘bank account update’ and add your bank details;
  • check you have the funds in your account the day before the payment is due to come out.

If there'll be insufficient funds, please contact the Student Services Centre which may be able to help. Read our guidance on the cost of living and where to find help.

You'll need to allow ten working days for any changes to be put in place. Unpaid Direct Debits may incur a default levy of 3% over the Bank of England base rate where the debt remains outstanding for more than 14 days.

How do I change my details?

If you need to change your address or bank details, get in touch with the Student Service Centre by emailing or writing to:

Student Services Centre, Directorate for the Student Experience, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road Manchester, M13 9PL.

Payment plans


View all the 2022/23 payment plans for each University-managed or leased hall:

  • Ashburne Hall – 41 weeks (Excel document, 77KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 75KB)
  • Brook Hall – 42 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Burkhardt House – 41 weeks (Excel document, 73KB)
  • Canterbury Court – 41 weeks (Excel document, 73KB)
  • Daisy Bank Hall – 42 weeks (Excel document, 73KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Dalton-Ellis Hall – 41 weeks (Excel document, 76KB)
  • Denmark Road – 42 weeks (Excel document, 73KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 73KB)
  • George Kenyon Hall – 51 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Horniman House – 50 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Hulme Hall – 41 weeks (Excel document, 75KB)
  • Oak House – 41 weeks (Excel document, 75KB)
  • Richmond Park – 41 weeks (Excel document, 73KB)
  • Sheavyn House – 41 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Saint Anselm Hall – 41 weeks (Excel document, 75KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Unsworth Park – 42 weeks (Excel document, 73KB)
  • Uttley House – 41 weeks (Excel document, 74KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Weston Hall – 40 weeks (Excel document, 74KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)
  • Whitworth Park – 41 weeks (Excel document, 75KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 73KB)
  • Woolton Hall – 41 weeks (Excel document, 74KB), 51 weeks (Excel document, 74KB)

You can also view all individual postgraduate (PowerPoint, 437KB) and undergraduate (PowerPoint, 467KB) hall prices.


The 2023/24 payment plans for each University-managed or leased hall will be published here by Friday 31st March:

  • Ashburne Hall 
  • Brook Hall 
  • Burkhardt House 
  • Canterbury Court 
  • Daisy Bank Hall 
  • Dalton-Ellis Hall 
  • Denmark Road 
  • George Kenyon Hall 
  • Horniman House 
  • Hulme Hall 
  • Oak House 
  • Park View
  • Richmond Park 
  • Rusholme Place
  • Sheavyn House 
  • Saint Anselm Hall 
  • Unsworth Park 
  • Uttley House 
  • Weston Hall
  • Whitworth Park 
  • Woolton Hall 

You can also view all individual postgraduate and undergraduate hall prices.