Arriving at halls
What you need to do when you arrive at halls.
Check your room
When you arrive, you’ll need to:
- Check the inventory list in your room, and ask reception if you haven’t been given one.
- Fill out the list with any missing or damaged items in your room and return it to reception within 48 hours of arrival.
- Log any maintenance issues on the Buildings Maintenance System. There will be more information about this in your room when you arrive.
If you live at Brook Hall, Daisy Bank Hall, Denmark Road, Park View, Parkway Gate, Rusholme Place, Salford Student Quarter, Wilmslow Park or Weston Hall, separate maintenance arrangements are in place, and you will receive more information when you arrive.
Car parking in halls is limited, so we ask that once you have unloaded your car you park elsewhere to allow other arrivals to do the same.
Accommodation for those with you
The University has discounted rates for all students, visitors and alumni at the Hyatt Regency on Manchester Oxford Road.
The 212-bedroom hotel features:
- a Sleep Advantage Programme including premium bedding, aromatherapy, quiet zone floors and guaranteed wake-up call;
- complimentary WiFi;
- club lounge and club rooms;
- a gym;
- outside terrace area;
- public car parking is available next to the hotel.
Visit the hotel booking page to pay a discounted rate at any time of the year, regardless of demand.
Alternatively our colleagues at Mancester Student Homes maintain a list of local hotels here.