Bike storage and parking

Learn more about cycling to University, bike storage and limited car parking options.

Cycling to University

A cycle path runs between the Fallowfield campus and the main University campus, allowing you to cycle safely to and from your lectures.

Transport for Greater Manchester also offers advice on cycling around the city and bike rentals. 

Bike storage

Most halls of residence have designated bike shelters and storage. There are also plenty of bike shelters and racks for you to use around campus.

Make sure your bike is always stored safely and securely using a D-lock. To help ensure the safety of your bike, the University runs a bike registration scheme and subsidised D-lock purchases.

View the University cycling page for more information.

Car parking

We don’t advise you to bring your car to University. Not all halls provide car parking facilities, and, in many cases, they are very limited. However, you'll be guaranteed parking if you’re a blue badge holder.

Parking permits

If you do need to bring a car or motorcycle, you can check your hall’s webpage to see whether parking is available, what the rules are, and if there’s an additional charge.

The car park permit system details are specified on the University's e-store at the time of purchase.

The amount payable for a year-long permit will be £220. Please advise Campus Reception if there is a change of vehicle – failure to do so will result in the invalidation of the permit.

A maximum of one permit per student can be purchased and all permits issued are for residents of University accommodation only. 


No responsibility is accepted by the University for any loss, theft, accident, damage or injury suffered or inflicted by your vehicles. If you do use University parking, you're responsible for anything that may happen.

Vehicles must not be driven or parked on designated pedestrian areas, grassed areas, or prohibited areas as indicated by notices, hatched areas, double yellow lines, or where the vehicle is likely to cause an obstruction or restrict access for emergency vehicles.

Disabled spaces are strictly for use by blue badge holders and must display a current blue badge disabilities permit.

When purchasing a permit, you're confirming you understand and accept the above conditions.